Friday, March 29, 2013

Still Checking Out Trucks

Even though campus is without a food truck on this particular Friday, we're still beyond excited to try many more food trucks as the semester finishes up! We've already given you some background information on the several trucks that have committed to being on campus this semester. Last week, we shared our excitement with you surrounding The Rice Box. 

This week, teammate Jennifer Selber, can't stop dreaming about Bernie's Burger Bus. Bernie's is one of the most popular food trucks in Houston, having been awarded the "Best Burger" in Houston award from My Table Magazine and The Houston Press.  They were also voted the best food truck in town by My Table Magazine and The Houston Chronicle.  If this isn't reason enough to get excited about the bus rolling through campus, we're not sure what is! 

Bernie's Burger Bus offers Houstonians burgers that they make by hand and from scratch! They also make their delicious fries and condiments by hand.  Being a cheese lover, I was also excited to see that they use fresh, local Texas cheddar cheese on their burgers! 


While I typically enjoy a burger smothered in swiss cheese and mushrooms, I'm excited to try some of their more creative takes on the traditional burger.  With a large selection to choose from, this menu is perfect for any kind of burger lover! 

We love that the menu features burgers named after famed positions or personas at schools, such as The Principle, The Substitute, The Bully, Pre-Schoolers and more; seems kind of perfect for them to be serving up lunch for us UHD students, as well! I'm most excited to get my hands around a big fat Principle burger.  This burger is their "Traditional approach to the classic American burger with mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickle, thin sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and slow roasted garlic tomatoes."  Luckily, they have several "electives" that I'll be adding to my burger, including Texas Cheddar, Bacon and Caramelized "Tipsy" Onions. Don't mind me, as I'll be trying my burger with ALL of these toppings! 

We can't wait to have Bernie's Burger Bus on campus again! For more information on this famous food truck, visit their website or follow them on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment